Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] BRY

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:53:38 +0000

> I am a shareholder of BRY. I would like to know what will happen to
> my share after BRY moved to Singapore. Do I have to go to Singapore
> SE to trade BRY share or I can trade them in NZ.?

Yes you do have to go to Singapore - and by rowboat, or more
correctly 'row bathtub'.     Brierley have a stock of old bathtubs
they  set aside for this purpose from the refurbishment of their
Thistle hotel.  chain in the UK.     Be sure to buy yourself a good
solid plug for the journey.   Sir Paul Collins of Wellington (whoops
sorry Paul didn't want to let your knighthood out of the bag
prematurely)  could probably advise you.   As I understand it you
would want to get one that sits pretty well entrenched but when it is
finally prised out allows the water in with a big rush so that you
can quickly bail out of your sinking ship (sorry bathtub).

To keep in character with your investment  all strategic planning for
your trip should be directionless.   Don't take any navigational
gear with you.   If you end up going in the wrong direction you might
end up washed on Molokai Ranch (they could sure use your business) or
better still in the UK itself and staying in a Thistle Hotel.   But
whereever you end up you could fly back here via Air New Zealand thus
indirectly boosting Brierley's share price.

> What will happen to
> the value of NZ BRY share?......

Hopefully if you follow my instructions it will go up ;-)

> Can anyone shade me some light on these? Cheers.

Ordinarily I would suggest looking at the Brierley Website, but it
seems to be down. SNOOPY
Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55