Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

Re: [sharechat] Announcement

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:31:48 +1300

Dear Snoopy,

I think you have misunderstood the Email Service.  We are not "push feeding"
anyone HTML.  We are not making anyone subscribe to the Email Service: that
is entirely up for people to decide themselves.  It has _nothing_ to do with
the ShareChat forum Email list -- it is an entirely different service.

This is a service that we felt some people may find convenient -- to have
the market news links of the day delivered to their inbox -- and indeed,
there have already been many subscriptions.

The fact that we are delivering it via HTML only has to do with technical
reasons that Will can elaborate on.

If you don't want to subscribe, please don't.  We are not trying to make
life harder for people through increased downloads etc.  Quite to the
contrary we are trying to make life easier!

I hope this clears things up.

Benjamin Dutton
Managing Director
ShareChat Limited