Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

Re: [sharechat] Fletcher paper

From: Chris Darby <darby@ak.planet.gen.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:30:55 +1300

Henry,

Franklin Resources has been a major seller in the last month.  Their
holding is now below 5% and share price appears to be stabilising at
1.15, a long way south of the 1.84 FCC stock swap deal.  National Mutual
appears confident to buy at these levels and may well have assisted
Franklin's exit last week.  ABN Ambro has it as a BUY in their November
newsletter although their valuation of 2.05 looks optimistic.  Big
question is, are we really at the bottom for this particular commodity
cycle.  Most commentators, here and overseas, say yes but of course these
utterings have been made for some months now.  The issue of debt remains.

All things considered I have been buying in the last 2 weeks on the back
of Franklin's disposal.

Chris